Banned Items List
Offensive goods which includes literature, products or other materials that
- Defame or slander any person or groups of people based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, or other factors
- Encourage or incite violent acts and Promote intolerance or hatred.
- Offensive goods, crime which includes crime scene photos or items, such as personal belongings, associated with criminals
Adult goods and services
- Pornography and other sexually suggestive materials
- Escort or prostitution services
- Child pornography which includes pornographic materials involving minors
- Website access and/or website memberships of pornography or illegal sites
Copyright unlocking devices
- Chips, IC’s or other devices designed to circumvent copyright protection
- Unauthorized copies of books, music, movies, and other licensed or protected materials
- Unauthorized copies of software, video games and other licensed or protected materials, including OEM or bundled software
- Goods and replicas or imitations of branded items; fake autographs, counterfeit stamps, and other potentially unauthorized goods
Drugs and related products including illegal drugs and drug accessories, including illegal herbal drugs:
- Drug test circumvention aids which includes drug cleansing shakes, urine test additives, and related items
- Prescription drugs or herbal drugs or any kind of online pharmacies which includes drugs or other products requiring a prescription by a licensed medical practitioner
Bulk marketing tools include, but not limited to the following
- E-mail, lists, software, or other products enabling unsolicited email messages (spam)
- Dealings in intangible goods/services (eg. Software download/ Health/ Beauty Products) and businesses involved in pyramid marketing schemes or get-rich-quick schemes.
- Mailing lists
- Multi Level Marketing collection fees including Matrix sites or sites using a matrix scheme approach
- Web-based telephony/ SMS/Text/Facsimile services or Calling Cards. Bandwidth or Data transfer/ allied services. Voice process /knowledge process services.
- Work-at-home approach and/or Work-at-home information
- Any other product or Service, which in the sole opinion of either the EMVANTAGE or the Payment Gateway facilitators,
Illegal goods or Practices like
- Government IDs, information or documents which includes fake IDs, passports, diplomas, and noble titles
- Online Gaming/gambling including lottery tickets, sports bets, memberships/ enrollment in online gambling sites, and related content
- Material which includes products, or information promoting illegal goods or enabling illegal acts
- Pyrotechnic devices, combustibles, corrosives, hazardous materials which include explosives, fireworks and related goods; toxic, flammable, radioactive materials and substances
- Goods which include air bags; batteries containing mercury; Freon or similar substances/refrigerants; chemical/industrial solvents; government uniforms; car titles; license plates; police badges and law enforcement equipment; lock-picking devices; pesticides; postage meters; recalled items; slot machines; surveillance equipment; goods regulated by government or other agency specifications
- Securities which includes illegal stocks, bonds, or related financial products
- Traffic devices which includes radar detectors/jammers, license plate covers, traffic signal changers, and related products
- Weapons which includes firearms, ammunition, knives, brass knuckles, gun parts, and other armaments
- Wholesale currency which includes discounted currencies or currency exchanges
- Alcohol which includes Alcohol or alcoholic beverages such as beer, liquor, wine, or champagne
- Human or Animal Body parts which includes organs or other body parts
- Live animals or hides/skins/teeth, nails and other parts etc of animals.
- Endangered species which includes plants, animals or other organisms (including product derivatives) in danger of extinction
- Cable descramblers and black boxes which includes devices intended to obtain cable and satellite signals for free
- Hacking and cracking materials which includes manuals, how-to guides, information, or equipment enabling illegal access to software, servers, websites, or other protected property
- Drop-shipped merchandise
- Tobacco and cigarettes which includes cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, and related products
- Miracle cures, Tantric practices which includes unsubstantiated cures, remedies or other items marketed as quick health fixes
Other Banned Items
- Any product or service, which is not in compliance with all applicable laws in India and regulations whether national, state, local or international including the laws of India.
- The Merchant providing services that have the potential of casting the EMVANTAGE and/or Payment Gateway facilitators in a poor light and/or that may be proneto “Buy & Deny” attitude of the cardholders when billed (e.g. Adult material/ Mature content/Escort services/ friend finders) and thus leading to chargeback and fraud losses.
- Businesses or websites that operate within the scope of laws which are not absolutely clear or are ambiguous in nature
- Businesses banned by law (e.g. Betting & Gambling/ publications or content that is likely to be interpreted by the authorities as leading to moral turpitude or decadence or incite caste/communal tensions, lotteries / sweepstakes & games of chance.